1 savoury pastry case
1 Cup leftover chopped leg ham (or you could use bacon if you've got no ham, just cook it first)
100g tasty cheese
1/2 bunch chives
1/2 Cup thickened cream
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C. Place pastry case on a tray. Cook in the oven for 10 mins.
- Take 1 egg and whisk it up a little. Brush the pastry case with the egg and place back in the oven for 5 more minutes, it should be a light brown colour. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Grate the cheese and finely chop the chives.
- Mix the remaining 3 eggs with the cream and pepper (you don't need salt as the ham & cheese is salty enough).
- Layer the ham, cheese and chives in the pastry case.
- Slowly pour over the egg & cream mixture, give it a shake to get it into all the little spaces.
- Bake for a further 20-25mins until filling is set and slightly browned on top.
- Serve warm or cold with a side salad.